Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2023

Claim a tax repayment

Complete a claim form from HM Revenue & Customs if you think you are entitled to a tax repayment.

How to use this service

The links below will take you to the relevant forms and guidance on how to claim a tax or National Insurance repayment on the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) site. If you need to complete a form it's important to refer to the guidance first.

To access the form and associated leaflets you will need a copy of Adobe Reader. Information on how to download this for free is available on the right panel of this page.

You will need to print out the forms to complete them.

Note: The form P50 Claiming back tax when you have stopped working, accessible from the second link below, only applies if you have stopped working during the tax year, are not claiming Jobseeker's Allowance and are not expected to return to work before the start of the new tax year (6 April).

Provided by HM Revenue and Customs

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Claim Jobseeker's Allowance online

Benefits advice online

Get benefits advice by using this online tool to answer questions about your situation

Access keys