Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2023

Make a complaint about a financial services provider

Use the Financial Ombudsman Service website to make a complaint about a financial service provider.


In all instances you must make a complaint to your service provider before the Financial Ombudsman Service will help. The website provides tips for dealing with the company in question.

If you are not happy with the company's decision on your complaint, you can then submit a complaint form. Before you do this read the leaflet titled 'Your complaint and the ombudsman'.

How to use this service

You have two options for filling out a complaint form. You can either:

  • print off the complaint form, fill it out by hand and post it back
  • complete the complaint form onscreen, print it off, sign the form by hand and post it back

With either option you can download a Microsoft Word or PDF version of the form.

To access the form you will need a copy of Adobe Reader. Information on how to download this for free is available on the right panel of this page.

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Claim Jobseeker's Allowance online

Benefits advice online

Get benefits advice by using this online tool to answer questions about your situation

Access keys