Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2023

Submit a planning appeal (form S78) (Wales only)

You can appeal against a planning decision using a form from the Planning Inspectorate. Wales only.

How to use this service

You can use this form if your planning application has:

  • been refused
  • not been decided within the appropriate period (usually eight weeks)
  • been granted subject to conditions to which you object
  • been refused or granted subject to conditions to which you object - or any other matter required by a condition attached to a previous planning permission has been refused

The form is available to download in Microsoft Word format or in PDF format. To read PDF files you will need a copy of Adobe Reader. Information on how to download this for free is available on the right panel of this page.

If you want more information before completing your form, read the guidance notes available on the Planning Inspectorate website.

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Claim Jobseeker's Allowance online

Benefits advice online

Get benefits advice by using this online tool to answer questions about your situation

Access keys