Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2023

Claim a war pension (form WPA1 and others)

The Service Personnel and Veterans Agency organises war pensions in the UK.


Use the links below to find out if you are eligible for a war pension.

How to use this service

Claim forms are available for the War Disablement Pension, War Widow's Pension, and the ex-gratia payment for British groups held prisoner by Japanese.

The forms come with notes that will help you fill in the form and tell you where to send the completed form.

To access the form you will need a copy of Adobe Reader. Information on how to download this for free is available on the right panel of this page.

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Claim Jobseeker's Allowance online

Benefits advice online

Get benefits advice by using this online tool to answer questions about your situation

Access keys