Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2023

Apply for a UK visa

If you are not a British Citizen or a citizen of one the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, you may need a visa before you travel to the UK.


The UK Border Agency, Visa Services website can help you find out if you need a visa to enter or transit through the UK. If you do need a visa you'll be told which form to use and where to send it.

How to use this service

You can download application forms in PDF format from the UK Border Agency, Visa Services website. To access the form you will need a copy of Adobe Reader. Information on how to download this for free is available on the right panel of this page.

You can also get an application form from your nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC), or where no VAC is in operation your local British mission.

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Claim Jobseeker's Allowance online

Benefits advice online

Get benefits advice by using this online tool to answer questions about your situation

Access keys