Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2023

Parents' and children's rights contacts

Organisations and government departments that can tell you about your rights, help you get legal advice and help you through family court proceedings.


Contact details for CAFCASS, an organisation which looks after the interests of children involved in family proceedings and then advises the courts on what it considers to be in the children's best interests.

Community Legal Advice

Contact details for Community Legal Advice, an organisation providing help and advice for the general public on a range of common legal issues in England and Wales.

Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)

Contact details for BIS, which brings together functions from the former Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR) and the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS).

Family Rights Group

Contact details for the Family Rights Group, a charity which gives advice to parents and family members whose children are involved with social care services.

Ministry of Justice

Contact details for the Ministry of Justice, the government department responsible for criminal law, sentencing, offenders, prisons and probation.


Contact details for UNICEF UK, the international organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children, their families and communities.

Additional links

Access keys