Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2023

Apply online for a replacement Child Trust Fund voucher

If you need a replacement Child Trust Fund (CTF) voucher you may be able to request one online. Find out who can use this service and when.

Who can use this service

You can only use this service if all of the following apply:

  • you haven’t got your original voucher - for example it's been lost
  • your child was born between 1 September 2023 and 2 January 2024
  • your child is entitled to a CTF account
  • your original CTF voucher would still be valid

Vouchers issued before 1 January 2024 are valid for 12 months. Those issued on or after 1 January 2024 are valid for 60 days.

Who can’t use this service

You can’t use this service if:

  • your original voucher would no longer be valid – in which case, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will open an account for your child automatically
  • your child's name or address has changed or you are claiming a European family benefit - you will need to contact the Child Trust Fund Helpline to get your replacement

What you will need

Before requesting a voucher you will need to have your National Insurance number. You can find this on your Child Benefit award notice.

It may also be helpful to have your child’s CTF Unique Reference Number - or 'URN'. You can find this number on any CTF paperwork issued by HMRC. If you can’t find it, you can still use this service without it.

Choose the form that applies to you

There are two replacement request forms so make sure you choose the one that applies to you.

If your name is on the Child Benefit award notice, you should use the link 'You're the named recipient of Child Benefit – apply for a replacement CTF voucher'.

If your name is not on the Child Benefit award notice, but you have parental responsibility for the child, use the link 'You have parental responsibility – apply for a replacement CTF voucher'.

You have parental responsibility if, for example, you are the child’s parent, step-parent or legal guardian.

The replacement voucher will be sent to the person who gets Child Benefit for the child.

If the replacement voucher does not arrive

You should get a replacement voucher within a month. If you don't, contact the Child Trust Fund Helpline.

Provided by HM Revenue & Customs who administer the Child Trust Fund

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Junior ISAs

New tax-free savings accounts for children are now available

Useful contacts

Access keys