Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Tuesday, 2 October 2023

Student finance forms and guides 2011/12

Forms and guides are available for full-time and part-time students, parents and partners and those who are disabled or have childcare costs. Download forms and guides for 2011/12 below. Details of how to order forms and guides in Braille, large print and audio formats are also available.

Apply for finance forms and guides

Full-time students

New and continuing full-time students can apply online for loans, grants and bursaries. If you’re unable to apply online, please contact Student Finance England.

* See the 'Additional guides including factsheets' section below for the factsheets that accompany 'A guide to financial support for new full-time students'.

Part-time students have to apply on paper, using the forms on this page

Part-time students

Part-time students can apply for a Fee Grant and Course Grant by filling in a paper form (see link).

Please note the part-time application form only needs to be sent to Student Finance England after you enrol on your course. Your university or college needs to stamp and sign it first.

Please note that the part-time Fee and Course Grant application form can't be used by postgraduate students.

Send completed student finance forms to:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington DL1 9HJ

New students: proving your identity

New full-time or part-time students need to give their UK passport details or send their birth certificate with a countersigned ‘birth or adoption certificate declaration form’. The person confirming your identity must be of good standing and must have known you for at least two years.

Parents and partners

Submit your financial details for the 2009-10 tax year online. If you're unable to submit your financial details online, contact Student Finance England.

Parents and partners - if your income has dropped since 2009-10

Student finance applications for 2011/12 are usually assessed on household income for the 2009-10 tax year. If your income is likely to drop by at least 15 per cent you can give your current year income by completing a 'Current year income assessment form'. Please note, you’ll still need to submit your financial assessment details online.

Students with children

You can apply for a Childcare Grant to help with your childcare costs by completing a ‘Childcare Grant application form’ (CCG1).

If you started your course in September 2011 and haven't yet applied for the Childcare Grant please complete a CCG1 and a CCG2. The CCG2 needs to be completed by your childcare provider with your actual costs for the first term.

If you've already applied for a childcare grant by completing a CCG1 you'll get your CCG2 in the post.

Braille, large print and audio forms and guides

You can order accessible formats of student finance forms and guides in Braille, large print or audio. If you're ordering by email please state your name, address and customer reference number, if you have one, and which format you need.

  • email:
  • tel: 0141 243 3686 (Braille, large print and audio requests only)

The Braille, large print and audio email address and telephone number can only deal with requests for alternative formats of forms and guides. If you want to get an update on your student finance application you can do it online or over the phone. See ‘Contact Student Finance England’ for details.

Help with PDF files

The forms and guides on this page are provided in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view PDF files, you need Adobe Reader. The program is available free if you don't already have it.

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Access keys