Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Archive brought to you by Cross Stitch UK

Main menu

Tuesday, 2 October 2023

Student finance forms and guides 2012/13

Download application forms and guidance notes for student finance for 2012/13 here. Forms and guides are available for full-time and part-time students, parents and partners and those who are disabled or have childcare costs.

Full-time students

New and continuing full-time students should apply online for loans, grants and bursaries. If you can't apply online, please contact Student Finance England.

Where to send your forms

Student Finance England
PO Box 210

Continuing part-time students

Continuing part-time students who started a course before 1 September 2023 can apply for a grant.

If you’ve applied for finance before

Proof of identity

If you've not applied for student finance before you need to prove your identity. You can do this by giving details of your UK passport or your birth or adoption certificate.


You can give your passport details in the application form when you apply for finance online.

If you don't give your passport details online you need to complete the UK Passport Details form.

Birth or adoption certificate

If you don't have a valid UK passport you can send your birth or adoption ceritificate instead.

If you send your birth or adoption certificate you must also complete and return the Birth or Adoption Certificate form.

To prove your identify the form should be signed by:

  • you
  • a person of good standing who has known you for at least two years

The person who countersigns your form must be employed in a certain profession - see 'Who can sign your Birth or Adoption Certificate form' for the list of acceptable professions.

Parents and partners

If you're a parent or a partner you can submit your financial details for the 2010-11 tax year online. If you can’t do this online, contact Student Finance England.

If your household income has dropped since 2010-11

Student finance applications for 2012/13 are assessed on household income for the 2010-11 tax year.

If your household income has dropped by at least 15% (or by £1,000 if you're a part-time student) you can give your most up-to-date financial information by completing a 'Current year income assessment form’ (CYI form).

Please note, if you intend to complete a CYI form you must also give your 2010-11 tax year information as part of the student's application.

Disabled students

You may get Disabled Students’ Allowances if you have a disability, ongoing health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty like dyslexia.

If you’re applying for full-time student finance and Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) please complete the ‘application form for Disabled Students' Allowances – short version’ (DSASL).

If you’re only applying for DSAs or you’re a part-time, postgraduate or distance learning student please complete the ‘application form for Disabled Students' Allowances – long version’ (DSA1F).

Students with children

If you're a full-time student you can apply for a Childcare Grant to help with childcare costs by completing form CCG1. You should complete the form after you've applied for student finance.

The Confirmation of childcare costs form (CCG2) will be available in October 2012.

Change of circumstances

If you need to change your loan amount after you've applied:

  • full-time students should update their details using their online acccount
  • part-time students should complete the Tuition fee loan request form.

Braille and alternative formats

For Braille, large print and audio forms and guides:

• tel: 0141 243 3686 (Braille, large print and audio requests only)
• email: include your contact details, format needed and customer reference number (if you have one)

More useful links

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Access keys