Archive Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Public services all in one place

Main menu

Tuesday, 2 October 2023

Who to contact at The Pension Service

The Pension Service provides a wide range of information about the State Pension, Pension Credit, Winter Fuel Payment and related benefits. Here are some ways of finding the right person to phone or email.

Your pension centre

You will need to contact your pension centre to make an enquiry about:

  • making State Pension claims
  • making Pension Credit claims
  • existing State Pension or Pension Credit claims

Each area of the country is covered by a dedicated pension centre. To find the phone number, postal address or to email your pension centre, see ‘Find your pension centre’.

Northern Ireland

If you live in Northern Ireland, queries can be addressed to the Department for Social Development.

Report your change of address, bank details or other circumstances to The Pension Service

Contact The Pension Service if your circumstances change and you receive either:

  • State Pension
  • additional State Pension
  • Over 80 Pension
  • Pension Credit

Winter Fuel Payment

If you are claiming a Winter Fuel Payment, there are special criteria and a dedicated hotline for you.

Register a death

Find out everything you need to know to register a death.

Overseas enquiries and benefits

The International Pension Centre can assist you if:

  • you live abroad and have questions about the payment of State Pension, bereavement benefits, incapacity benefits and other benefits
  • you live in the UK and have lived or worked in other countries that has a social security agreement with the UK
  • you move abroad and already receive a State Pension

State Pension estimate enquiries

If you have any questions about, or would like to get an estimate of your State Pension based on your National Insurance contributions record, you should contact the Future Pension Centre.

Technical help with the online State Pension forecast

If you are having problems accessing or using the online State Pension forecasting service and need technical help, you should contact the E-services helpdesk.

Pension Tracing Service enquiries

If you have lost touch with a personal or company pension scheme, the Pension Tracing Service can help.

Pension Credit

If you have any questions about Pension Credit you can contact The Pension Service. They can answer queries on your eligibility and will need to know of any changes in circumstances or details which may affect your payments.

Face-to-face service

If you live in England, Scotland or Wales, Local Service Information Points provide a face-to-face service to customers in convenient locations.

You can arrange an appointment with Local Service staff to discuss matters like:

  • State Pension
  • Pension Credit
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax benefit
  • other pensioner entitlements and services

You will also find leaflets on the benefits and services provided by The Pension Service.

Language issues

If you speak a language other than English, you can use your own interpreter or your pension centre can provide one for you.

Braille, audio cassettes, large-text leaflets

If you have a sight or hearing difficulty, The Pension Service provides a range of information in other formats. Ask your pension centre or social security office or you can request other formats by telephone or textphone.

How to complain about The Pension Service

Find out how to make a complaint if you are unhappy with the standard of service you have received from The Pension Service.

Access keys